CNX Renews Presenting Sponsorship for the Pittsburgh Penguins Black Hockey History Game
The Pittsburgh Penguins will play the Winnipeg Jets at 7:00 p.m. on February 6.
February 6, 2024
By Positive Energy Hub Staff
CNX will once again support the Pittsburgh Penguins’ annual Black Hockey History Game on Tuesday, February 6, when the team hosts the Winnipeg Jets at 7:00PM at PPG Paints Arena.
During the game, the NHL and the Pittsburgh Penguins will recognize the roles Black and African Americans contribute to hockey and our local communities. The national theme for Black History Month 2024, "African Americans and the Arts," focuses on the profound impact that Black Americans have had on visual arts, music, cultural movements, and more. The following 2024 Penguins and CNX Community Impact Champions will be recognized at the game for their achievements and influence in the region:
- Emmai Alaquiva – Photographer, Ya Momz House, Inc.
- MaCalus V. Hogan, MD, MBA – Chair of Orthopaedic Surgery; Chief of Foot and Ankle Surgery, UPMC
- Kendra Whitlock Ingram – President and CEO, Pittsburgh Cultural Trust
- Jazmiere Bates – Entrepreneur / Owner, Kin of Duncan
- Leon Ford – Co-Founder, The Hear Foundation
- Evan Frazier – President and CEO, The Advanced Leadership Institute
- Olando Dulin – Diversity Coordinator, Steel Valley School District
- Kevin Clarke – Community Liaison, Steel Valley School District
In addition to the game, the Penguins will celebrate Black History Month throughout February by sharing inspiring stories of historic resilience, connecting fans through their love for hockey and showcasing Black leaders and changemakers.
Through sharing the contributions of Black individuals over the course of hockey history, this sponsorship serves CNX’s Appalachia First vision to make a tangible, impactful and local difference within our community by bringing forth the previously overlooked voices and stories that contribute to the depth and diversity of Appalachian sports history. CNX is proud to support the Pittsburgh Penguins’ Black Hockey History Game, and we look forward to driving further positive impact on the social fabric of our region throughout 2024.
Learn more about this year’s Black Hockey History Game through the Penguins’ media release: