CNX Donates $185,000+, Employees Volunteer 650+ Hours During Annual Impact Giving Campaign
Employee-driven effort results in thousands of pounds of food packed, toys donated and grants awarded across the Foundation’s focus territory
February 7, 2023
From food drives and toy donations to sponsoring families for Christmas and handing out clothing and art supplies, CNX Foundation wrapped its annual Impact campaign this month that empowered employee teams to identify and lead community giving programs.
Impact is a fundamental part of CNX’s Appalachia First vision to invest and advance communities across our region. Designed to generate tangible, impactful, and local benefits for the regions CNX is proud to call home, CNX Foundation embraces the idea that by lifting up locally underserved communities, people can realize the myriad employment and other opportunities a natural gas-driven economy offers in the effort to build and sustain a new middle class in the Appalachian region.
“The Impact campaign is an opportunity for employees to direct giving to communities where they see the most need,” said Hayley Scott, Chief Risk Officer of CNX Resources. “My team participated in food and toy drives and helped decorate the Washington City Mission food hall for Thanksgiving, while other Impact teams identified specific programs across our operating area. It’s inspiring to look back on the work accomplished and to see how our employee-directed effort extended CNX’s giving reach to truly maximize impact.”
Through the program, participating employees work on executive-led teams to identify specific community areas of most impact. The latest campaign began in mid-November and wrapped at year’s end, resulting in 40 percent employee participation, more than $185,000 in community grants and 650 employee hours volunteered.
Over the course of the November/December campaign, employees accomplished the following:
- Volunteered over 650 hours between November and December
- Awarded $186,000 in grants throughout the region
- Packed 36,000 pounds (1,650 boxes) of food, 800 holiday bags and 600 children’s bags for Washington Food Helpers
- Packed 326 boxes of dry goods for Corner Cupboard Food
- Distributed food among 1,209 vehicles across five distributions
- Participated in food drives for Corner Cupboard Food Bank and Good Samaritan Food Bank, collecting 1,131 pounds of canned food
- Donated 50 meals to Family Pines Retirement Home
- Sponsored 90 children during the Christmas season, ensuring they would receive gifts under the tree
- Donated over 600 toys for Toys for Tots, the LeMoyne Center and Blueprints families
- Made $9,000 in employee contributions, including a CNX Foundation employee match.
“Ultimately, the Appalachia First vision that underpins CNX’s broader strategy, comes down to focusing on our communities here, first,” said Alex Reyes, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of CNX Resources Corporation. “Impact embodies our vision by empowering employees to roll their sleeves up and invest in their communities to help them thrive and prosper.”
CNX Foundation is dedicated year-round to supporting organizations that embrace opportunities to make a positive impact in their Appalachian communities. To learn more about the Foundation, visit www.cnx.com/about-us/cnx-foundation.